9/20/18 CPSH North Texas Giving Day
Donate for more housing!
CPSH is a small charity making big changes in housing options for people with disabilities. We don't have staff to create a huge campaign on NTGD. So we make it simple for you to give on our biggest fundraising event for 2018.
How you can make a difference on NTGD:
Become a FUNdraiser for CPSH. Encourage you family, friends and co-workers to give. More info coming soon.
Send a matching donation to CPSH. Must receive by 5pm on September 19. CPSH, 2306 Lawndale Pl, Plano, TX 75023. We will send out information to our community about your matching funds.
Donate September 10-19 and September 20, 6am-12 midnight.
If you would rather send a donation directly to CPSH, go here
Give on North Texas Giving Day and your donation will be multiplied!
Thursday, 9.20.18 6am-12midnight
Begin making donations on 9.10.18.
As we feel the impact of decreases to social services funding and the rapid population growth in our area, we must stay the course — advocating that the ones we love and care about have permanent homes to call their own when the time is right.
1) Identify self-advocates and parents of children with special needs in the DFW area who may want housing. We do this by building relationships with school districts, special needs athletic events, camps, service providers, affordable housing events, and legal, financial and medical professionals who serve this community.
2) Build relationships with property owners to ensure they are aware of the need for housing for people with disabilities.
3) Collaborate with Housing Authorities across DFW who are establishing affordable housing options for people with disabilities. CPSH has letters of commitment with 8 housing authorities to participate in their projects.
4) Create and offer voucher workshops in with Housing Authorities for citizens interested in participating in voucher programs.
5) Offer Home Safety Training classes.
6) Offer Project Independence Workshops.
7) Create community interest in attendant care as a career.
8) Advocate for families and individuals who want affordable housing at 30% of income, even when a person receives SSI.