VIDEOS FROM 1/31/16 MEETING BELOW
The Dallas Housing Authority has agreed to issue a Request For Proposal so that families and others who are interested may purchase homes in designated zip codes (in Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Kaufman, Rockwall and Tarrant Counties) and receive subsidized rent if 3 or 4 adults with diagnosed Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities live in these homes.
Single Family homes, condominiums, duplexes, triplexes, etc. will qualify as Neighborhood Housing provided that there is a minimum of two bedrooms.
This is a competitive bidding process where interested current or future homeowners submit an application. Then the DHA evaluates the bids and awards Project-Based Vouchers. The number of PBVs awarded will depend on the interest of the community at the January 31, 2016 Meet and Greet.
The Request For Proposal will be announced in March, 2016.
Learn, Commit, Attend, Participate, Support
STEP 1: View this 6 minute video to learn about this project. View it as often as necessary to understand the details. Then write down your questions.
- Fair Market Rent Estimator (DHA will provide information at a later date.)
- Community First Choice information from Texas Health and Human Services
- Community First Choice information from CPSH
- CPSH AttendantCare Assessment
- Tracy Marmolejo helps her daughter live independently (video)
- Jill Burt's vision board
- Responses from Health & Human Services and DADS
- <----->Neighborhood Homes Service Providers as of 9/14/16 (PDF file)
Note: If you are a service provider (Medicaid, Managed Care Organization, or Private Pay) and you want to be part of this project, be sure to complete the form below and the Service Provider Form. You will be added to the list of providers so that potential homeowners and tenants may contact you.
Step2: Below are the 4 videos captured at the 1/31/16 Community Meetings. They provide some of the details of this program.
Step 3: Please complete the form below to share your interest in the Neighborhood Homes Project. You will be added to the CPSH email list to receive more information.
- Applicants for the Project-Based Voucher: find potential tenants and service providers. See slide 11 of the Step 1 presentation.
- Service Providers: be receptive to calls you receive regarding this project
- Educators: share this project with the families of students who will graduate/transition out of your school district in 2016.
- All: share this project with families of adults with IDD who may be interested.
Step 5: Coming Soon (Bookmark this page and watch your email for more information)