What is CPSH?
Community for Permanent Supported Housing (CPSH) is a non-profit organization that creates awareness for the need for improving and expanding housing options for adults with intellectual and developmental challenges in north Texas. CPSH serves seven north Texas counties.
- To help create housing options for intellectually and developmentally challenged adults so that they may have a safe and affordable home in their community after their parents can no longer take care of them.
- To make people in the public, private and volunteer sectors aware of the need for housing for our differently-abled adults
- To work with these sectors to establish more safe, clean, affordable, permanent housing options which provide a good quality of life for our adults
- To raise funds to provide enriching activities in these residential developments which allow these adults to be a part of their communities
Housing Concerns for Adults with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities
Parents, Siblings, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins all have a vested interested in ensuring their family member with a disability lives in a safe, affordable residence with great friends, close to amenities such as grocery stores, doctors offices, and entertainment.
Whatever the age of your child, the plan for a permanent residence for a family member is as important as plans for education and retirement for other family members; especially if your family member with a disability needs support services to live independently.
If you are a future guardian for a family member with a disability, you may want to learn about housing options and support, so you know how best to help the individual when your time comes to ensure he/she is safe and thriving.
Stay Informed and With CPSH
There are several actions you can take to move forward in your effort to plan or find housing for your loved one.
Complete our Volunteer Interest Form below to
- Subscribe to the CPSH Newsletter
- Complete a survey
- Share your story
- Send us a photo
As a family you are planning for the best situation for your child in the future. CPSH invites you to participate with us. We look forward to meeting you. Contact us!