Home Safety Training - 2017 Waiting List
Fall 2016 Safety Training Class Outcomes
Training began August 16, 2016 through November 15, 2016 (12 weeks)
Note- One class on November 8th was canceled due to the 2016 Presidential Election
Class began with a total of 9 students and 10 parents/grandparents/caregivers
The class ended with 8 students, 9 parents and 1 caregiver
Participants ranged in ages from late teens through 30's
Parents, grandparents and caregivers ranged in ages from 30's to 70's
- 8 participants completed the training
- 5 of 8 participants practiced the safety training topics at home
- 4 of 8 parents felt very confident about there participant living independently
- 6 of 8 parents were overall very satisfied with this course
- 1 participant was living independently prior to training
- 1 participant moved into independent living during training
- 1 participant is waiting to move into independent living
- Participants created a monthly game/meet up after training
Home Safety Training
Topics for this training identified by North Texas parents. They identified safety topics they want their adult children with IDD to practice when planning to transition into more independent living.
Parent/guardian and child (14+ years of age) must attend training together.
The class is two hours per week for 10 weeks.