Mainstream Vouchers in the DFW Area
Millions In Disability Housing Assistance Headed To States
People with disabilities in nearly every state will receive help accessing housing in the community thanks to an infusion of millions in federal dollars.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development said this week that it’s issuing $98.5 million in housing assistance specifically tagged to help those with disabilities.
The funding is part of the agency’s Section 811 Mainstream Housing Choice Voucher Program, which helps housing agencies assist people with disabilities ages 18 to 62 who are leaving institutional settings for community-based living situations as well as those at risk for institutionalization or homelessness.
Congratulations to the DFW Housing Authorities that have won funding:
Vouchers are offered in a 50 mile radius of housing authorities. Interactive Map
- Denton Housing Authority - 1225 Wilson St, Denton, TX 76205 - RED
- McKinney Housing Authority - 1200 N Tennessee St, McKinney, TX 75069 - ORANGE
- Dallas Housing Authority - 3939 N Hampton Rd, Dallas, TX 75212 - GREEN
- Arlington Housing Authority - 501 W Sanford St #20, Arlington, TX 76011 - BLUE
- Tarrant County Housing Authority - 2100 Circle Dr #200, Fort Worth, TX 76119 - PURPLE