On June 15, 2015, the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs ("TDHCA"), on behalf of the Housing and Health Services Coordination Council, contracted with CSH to coordinate a Housing and Services Partnership ("HSP") Academy.
The HSP Academy will provide local community teams the tools and education necessary to create safe, affordable, and accessible housing for persons with disabilities and older Texans. The HSP Academy will provide a 1.5 day onsite training February 9-10, 2016, in Austin and will receive onsite and offsite technical assistance following the intensive training and planning session in February. Each team includes at a minimum:
1. A housing provider/developer;
2. A service provider; and
3. A person with a disability.
A Request for Applications was released in October and TDHCA is pleased to announce that the following nine teams were selected to participate. TDHCA and CSH look forward to working with the selected teams as they develop a local plan to increase affordable, accessible housing for persons with disabilities and older Texans in their respective communities.
* East Texas Housing Coalition
* Dallas County Housing Alliance (Robin LeoGrande, CPSH is on this Alliance)
* Coastal Bend Housing Solutions Services Committee
* Housing and Services Roundtable of Tarrant County
* Heart and Home Communities
* Alamo Affordable Accessible Housing Co-Operative
* San Benito Housing & Services Group
* Lubbock Housing Team
* Greater Houston Area Housing & Services Partnership Team
Should you have any questions regarding the HSP Academy or the Council, please contact Terri Richard, 512-475-2953 or by e-mail