Creating Home News
Collin, Denton, Dallas, Ellis, Kaufman, Rockwall and Tarrant Counties
COMMUNITY FOR PERMANENT SUPPORTED HOUSING
| 9/8/18 & 9/15/18
2-Part Home Safety Training
For Families of Students and Adults with Special Needs
14 years and older
Do you want to be sure your adult with special needs is safe when you run an errand or go to the doctor?
Are you concerned about your adult with special needs moving away from home?
Most parents say home safety is the #1 reason they are concerned about their children with disabilities living away from them.
COMMUNITY FOR PERMANENT SUPPORTED HOUSING is offering a home safety training class that is interactive and includes several teaching methods to adapt to the learning styles of the participants. This training is for individuals with special needs and one parent/guardian. The parent/guardian will participate in the training. The training will have a maximum of 15 families participating.
Topics include calling 911, electrical and cooking safety, answering the door and safety in the neighborhood.
Please register by September 5, 2018, txcpsh.org/sept8
- No cost
- 2 sessions, 5 hours each
- Dates: 9/8/18 & 9/15/18 (must attend both sessions)
- Time: 10:00am-3:00pm
- Place: Bachman Recreation Center, 2750 Bachman Drive, Dallas, 75220
- Room: Assembly Room
- Each participate with special needs receives a notebook filled with all the class information.
After you register, you will receive a confirmation email.
New Kroger Awards Number for CPSH - FH960
- Kroger has updated their Community Awards System and changed the Award Number for CPSH to FH960. Please update your card information with the new number. New members or new donors to CPSH can enroll here by searching for either FH960 or COMMUNITY FOR PERMANENT SUPPORTED HOUSING. This is an easy way to support CPSH. Your donation means CPSH thrives and makes change! Thank you!
Complete the Texas HHSC
2018 CYSHCN Outreach Survey for Young Adults & Families
Join Us on Saturday, September 15, 2018
The Shops at Willow Bend
NORTH TEXAS GIVING DAY and Early Giving
9.10.18 thru 9.20.18
CPSH's BIGGEST Fundraiser of 2018
Appreciate the work CPSH does?
Make plans to donate to CPSH on NTGD
CPSH can only succeed with your donation
Learn more at the CPSH 2018 NTGD Webpage
Neighborhood Homes and Mainstream Vouchers for People with Disabilities
- CPSH will be working with interested home owners to access HUD vouchers, so the residences have access to decreased rent costs. In mid to late August we will know more about which DFW Housing Authorities have been awarded funding for Mainstream Vouchers. These Vouchers are designed to help tenants with disabilities live independently in the community. The Mainstream Vouchers are for non-elderly people with disabilities who are transitioning from institutional or other segregated settings to community living; at serious risk of institutionalization; homeless; or at risk of becoming homeless. This is affordable housing and would include services. Information about the progress of these applications will be posted in future CPSH emails.
CPSH is compiling an interest list. CPSH is looking for the following:
- People with disabilities interested in applying for these Mainstream Vouchers
- Property owners of single family or multi family properties interested in tenants with Mainstream Vouchers.
Self-advocates, and parents/guardians of a persons with a disability, and property owners please complete the Yellow Sheet.
Service providers (medicaid or private) and interested in assisting tenants please complete the
- CPSH continues to work with community leaders to address the lack of safe, affordable, service-enriched, community-based housing in North Texas and will share progress with you through this newsletter. The most up-to-date information on where to find housing is on the Find Housing webpage.
Creating Home News and Calendar <=== Check out more news!
- Creating Home News and Calendar e-newsletter has stories, calendar of events, and other features about creative housing options for adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities or social challenges, as well as independent living in North Texas. Back issues of these emails are also included.
CPSH is a charity and works with families and community partners to create more housing options in the Collin, Denton, Dallas, Ellis, Kaufman, Rockwall and Tarrant Counties for almost 100,000 adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities or social challenges regardless of IQ who need safe, affordable housing with support.